Sunday, May 11, 2008

Here We Go!

Okay...so this is my first post. It might not be the most eloquent thing, but it's a start.

I never imagined I would begin a blog or, for that matter, fall into the habit of reading other blogs. Too much on my plate already...too many books purchased with good intentions still on the shelves unread...too many emails of long inspiring stories still sitting in my inbox unopened, but not yet deleted...too many piles of articles that I'll one day get to...too many distractions...so I thought.

Then one day I happened upon a blog that led me to another blog, which led me to yet another blog and so on, and so on. I found I wasn't so different in my views...that there were others out there who shared my passions and ideas. And so my blog journey began...a journey that was simply about finding me.

It was to be another year before I launched my own musings out into the world, and that launch happened today. Not sure why it took me this long. Part of me felt like I didn't have much to say, but who are we kidding! Anyone who knows me would laugh at even entertaining that thought! No...I think it was more about not knowing much of myself...the real me. I lost her somewhere between graduating from college and caring for my ill Grandmother. I had been out of touch with my authentic self for so long that she became this weird embodiment of mangled ideas from childhood and new found possibilities that never took root.

So many of the blogs I'm attracted to are written by wives and moms, young and old, who are offering advice and wisdom gleaned from their own experiences. I found myself making mental notes about husband/wife issues and child rearing topics. Strange for a gal who's single and not even dating at the moment! And no, I'm not one of those chicks who's desperately seeking her man and ready to jump on the next prospect that passes by. Good gracious, that only leads to wackos in the wind! I'd rather be alone than miserable!

I will admit sometimes I get a little nervous that the baby train might have left my caboose at the station since I'm already 38 and ladies, we know there are only so many good years the ol' eggs can give! But I know God has a plan for things and my guy will appear when the time is right. And if it's in the plan for me to have kids then that will happen too.

So in the meantime, I'm enjoying being a single gal on a journey of starting over and finding me. I hope you come along and enjoy the ride...you might even bring an air of sanity on the bumpy tour!

No comments: