Friday, January 30, 2009

Cleaning Out the Kitchen...

Okay...it's official. My house is 100% totally raw! Yes! Today I spent time getting rid of anything that won't fit in the new eating plan. I always keep my pantry stocked with organic goodies, but after clearing out all that stuff I have TONS of space!! My kitchen is small and it's always been frustrating not having enough storage space. But no more! And since I no longer use the stove or microwave they have now become "storage cabinets" too!

A good portion of my diet has been raw for a little while now, but cheese and soda are my two weaknesses so I haven't technically started the 100% raw diet until today. I mainly drink filtered water, but once in a while Dr. Pepper calls and I just have to answer! But he's out of my system and I'm ready to commit!

I've been reading Alissa's book over and over again and the recipes are awesome! I've started by keeping things simple, but will be adding more recipes as I go. I really think this is going to be the first eating plan I continue! I don't crave food like I used to and don't really think about it much either. If I'm hungry, I eat. I've also noticed that stuffed, bloated feeling after eating isn't there anymore and sleeping is much better at night...I'm actually sleeping!

Will keep you posted!

No comments: