Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Legacy of Love

Good gracious! I can't believe it's been so long since my last post! Not long after beginning my blog journey Mom became quite ill. At the time we weren't sure what was going on, but after months and months of massive TLC, awesome doctors, several hospital stays, and lots of prayers, Mom has made a great recovery. She still has a little bit more to go before she's a new woman, but we're ecstatic with the progress she has made!

But with all of this great news, we did have some sad news along the way. Both of my Grandmother's passed away over the holidays. Mom's Mom passed on Christmas Eve and Dad's Mom left us on January 7th. These beautiful, strong, Christian women will be missed and we are forever changed for knowing them.

I was especially close to Mom's Mother...Mary Etta Brigman Shaw. There isn't a more beautiful name! She saw the heart of people and had the uncanny ability to love no matter how she was treated. She is a true inspiration and mentor. And she could laugh!! Grandmother Shaw had the best sense of humor and wasn't afraid to show it! If you didn't have a good belly laugh at least once every other day around her, you weren't paying attention!

Dad's Mom, Willette Ritchie Yates...ahhh! Now that's where I get some of my creative passion and romantic outlook on life. You could give Grandmommy Yates (yes, I'm 39 and I still call her Grandmommy!! It wouldn't sound right calling her anything else!) a scrap of fabric and some ribbon and the woman could make an entirely new outfit!

Well...this was harder than I thought! I think I'll stop posting for now...but will return soon enough.

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

No comments: